BodyVox is a vibrant and innovative nonprofit performing arts organization dedicated to fostering a community centered around the arts by engaging diverse audiences through our various programs and initiatives.
Our mission is the creation and performance of innovative dance works that entertain, inspire and uplift audiences of all ages. We view dance as a powerful, inclusive language for communication because it is nonverbal, capable of bridging cultural differences and generations.
Patron Services Specialist- PT Hourly Position, Evening and Weekend Availability
The Patron Service Specialists team, led by the Dance Center Manager and Assistant Manager, serve as the generalists of the company, and as a whole have all the talents necessary to run a successful company.
- Embody the BODYVOX values.
- Run the front-of-house operations for the Dance Center, ensuring an *amazing* guest experience.
- Continually strive to improve individual and collective talents
Responsibilities May Include:
-Attend regularly scheduled shifts at the front desk and serves as an additional help when extra coverage/subbing shifts are needed.
- Ensure operations from day to day within the dance center and dance camps and performances when applicable. Additionally ensures any links to online classes are sent to clients.
-Daily tasks of keeping the dance center in order such as making sure supplies in bathrooms are stocked, dance studios are well kept, and clients are appropriately retailed out in Mind Body Online (MBO).
-Assist Director of Education and Patron Services Lead in auditing clients/classes in MBO and other tasks related to the interface of MBO and the studio scheduling.
-Knowledge of the inner workings of ArtsPeople and able to sell subscriptions, tickets, cleaning up database, and take donations.
-Assist Marketing Manager with uploading performances and dance center events to public calendars.
-Assist with and delegates donor acknowledgements and one off development projects. To ensure we have better overall coverage of this job. Such tasks include:
- Assisting Development Director donor thank you letters- printing weekly and collecting signatures.
- Supporting Development Director in helping with the logistics for cultivation, reception and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Working with Development Director, Director of Education, and Director of Marketing to implement Restaurant Partners Program and identify new donor relationships.
Overall, this job is a support position for all methods of Patron engagement across BodyVox Dance Center. While this description serves as a general overview of tasks, it is subject to change as a response to the needs of the organization.
All applicants should exemplify the BodyVox values:
- BE OPTIMISTIC
- STAY COMMITTED
- BELIEVE IN THE PRODUCT
- WORK AS A TEAM
- ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL
- REMAIN DETERMINED, TIRELESS, AND DISCIPLINED
- BE GENEROUS; IT IS MORE ABOUT WHAT WE BRING TO THE EXPERIENCE THAN WHAT WE TAKE AWAY
- BE INCLUSIVE
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BodyVox is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences who share our passion for the arts and our commitment to diversity and inclusion.